The Sputter Coater and Carbon/Thermal Evaporator – DSCT-T is configured as a sputter coater, carbon coater, and Thermal Evaporator with three interchangeable heads in one instrument suitable for Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) sample preparation and deposition of a wide range of materials (Deposition Material Table) such as gold (Au), platinum/palladium (Pt/Pd) alloy, silver (Ag), chromium (Cr), tungsten (W), iridium (Ir) and etc.
In addition, thermal head can be used for cleaning TEM and SEM apertures. This High Vacuum SEM Coater equipped with a Turbomolecular Pump offers high quality uniform films with fine grain sizes which are suitable for specimens that require high resolution and high quality characterization such as FE-SEM, EDS/WDS, TEM, and EBSD.
The DSCT-T, Sputter Coater and Carbon/Thermal Evaporator, with a 2” magnetron cathode, high voltage switching DC power supply for sputtering and high current power supply for carbon evaporation and Thermal Evaporation, could be used for research and different thin film applications such as micro and nano electronic and sample preparation.
- High Vacuum Turbomolecular Pump 90 l/s (Leybold)
- Two stage Rotary Vane Pump or diaphragm pump as a backing pump
- Full range vacuum gauge (Leybold)
- Carbon fiber evaporation head
- Carbon rod evaporation head
- Thermal evaporation head
- Pulsed or flash carbon fiber coating modes
- Quartz crystal thickness monitor with precision of 1nm and resolution of 1 Å
- Intuitive touch screen to control the coating process and rapid data input
- User friendly software that can be updated via network
- Controls coating rate to achieve finer grain structures in sputtering process
- Manual or automatic Timed and Thickness sputtering
- Able to record and plot coating parameters graphs
- Equipped with electronic shutter
- Easy-to-change specimen stages (standard rotation or planetary rotation)
- Two-year warranty
Carbon Evaporation of DSCT-T
Mini-size coating system model DSCT-T, DSCT with Thermal Evaporator, can carbon coat with fine grains to produce uniform thin films on different surfaces using carbon fiber (or optional carbon rod). Passing an electric current through the carbon fiber in either pulsed or flash mode, causes carbon evaporation to be deposited on the sample and reduces the number of debris associated with traditional carbon deposition.
The DSCT-T, Sputter Coater and Carbon/Thermal Evaporator, is equipped with a thermal head for evaporation of metals with low evaporation temperature such as gold, aluminum, silver, etc., and TEM apertures cleaning.
One thermal source (boat or basket) with a length of 4 to 10 cm can fit the thermal evaporation head. The height of the thermal source from the thermal sample holder is adjustable. Thermal evaporation provides a wide range of applications, to name a few: metal films, fabrication of thin-film sensors, optical components, nano & microelectronic, and Solar Cells.
The DSCT-T can be equipped with different sample stage configurations depending on the user requirements. The sample stages are rotatable with adjustable height that can be changed easily. The sample planetary rotation system is a good choice for uniform coating of porous specimens.
- Ultimate Vacuum: Less than 7 x10-7 torr
- Controls the rate of sputtering to achieve finer grain structure
- Automatically controls the power of sputtering independent of pressure
- Real time plots of coating parameters
- Able to record and plot coating parameter graphs
- Transfers curves and deposition process data by USB port to PC
- Electronic shutter
- 170 mm OD x 140 mm vacuum chamber
- Utilities: 220V-240V, 50/60HZ, 16A
- Shipping Weight: 42kg
Options and Accessories
Desk Sputter Coater – DSCT-T has the following options and accessories: