High Vacuum, Triple Magnetron Target Desk Sputter Coater
The DST3 is a triple-target, turbo molecular-pumped, vacuum coating system. It is suitable for deposition of a wide range of materials.
The DST3, Triple Target Sputter Coater, is equipped with a large chamber (300 mm diameter) and three 2” diameter water-cooled cathodes which make it suitable for long time depositions. The magnetron desk sputter coater is equipped with DC and RF (Optional) power supplies. It can sputter semiconductors, dielectrics and metal (oxidizing & noble) targets (Deposition Table). The DST3 Sputter Coating system with RF power supply is equipped with auto-adjustable matching box, minimizing the reflected power in the RF Sputtering process.
This model contains optional features to increase coated film adhesion to the substrate and improve the film structure, such as a 500 ˚C heater to be installed to heat the substrate during the deposition process, or a 300 V DC bias voltage can be applied to the substrate.
According to state of the cathodes, DST3 is available in two models:
- DST3-A (Angled Cathodes):
The DST3-A is equipped with three angled cathodes with a common focal point. It can sputter from two or three (Optional) targets simultaneously or independently to form alloys or multilayer deposition respectively. The maximum size of substrates in this model could be 3 inches.
- High vacuum level with a built in Turbomolecular Pump
- Two-stage rotary vane backing pump (Diaphragm or scroll pump)
- DC and RF (Optional) power supplies suitable for metals, semiconductors and dielectrics
- Three 2” water-cooled angled, magnetron cathodes suitable for producing alloy films (DST3-A) and multilayer deposition
- Large sample holder stage (8 inches) for DST3-S
- Cathode mask designed for large substrate uniform deposition (DST3-S)
Two fixed and movable quartz crystal monitoring systems for real time thickness measurement (1 nm precision)
- Gas injection control through two MFCs
- Electronic gas valves precision Mass Flow meters (MFC) for fine control of vacuum pressure and Ar flow or reactive sputtering gas
- Full range vacuum gauge
- Cathode selection motor
- Sample rotation, height and tilt adjustable (for 3-inch sample holders)
- Three manual or electronic (Optional) shutters
- Two-year warranty
- Vac coat Products are covered worldwide by both public and product Liability Insurance in case any property damage or personal injury happens caused by the Vac Coat systems.
- Intuitive touch screen to control the coating process and rapid data input
- User friendly software, updatable via network
- Semi-Fully automatic Timed or Thickness coating process (Optional)
- Repeatable, programmable sputtering process in the automatic mode
- Adjustable DC/RF deposition parameters though the touch screen panel (Optional)
- Records and plots coating parameters graphs
- Automated target selection
- RF power supply and matching box for deposition of conductive and non-conducting targets
- Plasma cleaner
- 300 V DC substrate bias voltage
- 500 °C programmable substrate heater with software control
The vacuum chamber is Cylindrical Pyrex with 300 mm OD and 200 mm H (Adjustable to 250 mm H). The DST3, Triple Target Sputter Coater, is fitted with an internally mounted 90L/s turbomolecular pump, backed by a 1.4 m3/h diaphragm or 6 m3/h two stage rotary vane pump (Optional). It introduces a clean vacuum without oil contamination which normally exists with an ordinary diffusion pump.
Touch Screen Control
The DST3, Gold Sputter Coater, is equipped with a 7” colored touch screen panel using user-friendly software to control and adjust the deposition process data. The vacuum and coating sequence information can be observed as digital data or curves on the touch screen. The last 300 coatings information is saved on the history page.
The holder is made in two sizes, 3 inches (Available in DST3-A and DST3-S) and 8 inches (Available in DST3-S), but the user can order customized size according to their needs. Several S-clamps are created on the small sample holders to hold the small samples with a simple method during the rotation.
Plasma Treatment (Plasma Cleaner Option)
DST3 can be equipped to plasma cleaner as an option. Plasma treatment/cleaning is the process of removing organic matter from the surface of substrate or functionalizing it through the use of an ionized gas called plasma. Plasma treatment can modify the wettability of the substrate surface and enhance its hydrophilicity or hydrophobicity for effective subsequent depositions. Also, applying plasma to the substrate before thin film deposition eliminates surface contaminations (C-based oxides) and improves the adhesion between the substrate and the subsequent layers.
- Turbo molecular pump with different pumping speeds (optional):
Pumping Speed 90 l/s 250 l/s 350 l/s Ultimate Pressure 8 x10-6 Torr 3 x10-6 Torr 8 x10-7 Torr
- Independent sputtering control rate for each cathode to produce fine grain-size structures
- Unlimited deposition time without breaking the vacuum
- Maximum 6 mm target thickness (Including backing plate)
- Automatic control of deposition power independent of pressure
- Automatic safe control of the cathode’s temperatures to protect the life time of the magnets
- Electronic throttle valve for 350 l/s turbo pump
- Deposition process curves and data transfer by a USB port to PC
- 0-1200 V, 0-500 mA DC power supply
300 W RF power supply with automatic matching box (Optional)
- Utilities: 220V-110V, 50/60HZ
Max. consuming power: 3 kW
- Instrument dimensions: 600 Width × 800 Depth × 770 Height mm (Without Rack)
- Net weight: 160kg (Pump, Rack, and Instrument case)