The large chamber Desk Sputter and Carbon Coater – DSCR-300 with 3 or 4 inch water-cooled magnetron cathodes is a compact coating system for both of sputter and carbon coating. This system is suitable for coating large specimens with diameters of up to 12 cm using a 3” magnetron and 15 cm using a 4” magnetron, or multiple smaller specimens over a similar diameter. The water-cooled magnetrons allow prolonged sputtering time, making it suitable for deposition of thick and thin layers.
With Desk Sputter Coater model DSCR-300, one can deposit on different substrates for thin film applications such as micro and nano electronic and SEM sample preparation. It is also capable to sputter noble metals (Deposition Material Table) such as gold (Au), palladium (Pd), platinum (Pt) and gold/palladium (Au/Pd) on non-conductive or poorly conductive specimens.In addition, the DSCR-300 system is capable to coat carbon films.
Please note that to sputter oxidizing metals, a turbomolecular pump is required to be installed to the DSCT-300 or DSCT-170 system. The DSCR is a rotary pumped coater configured for DC sputtering and carbon fiber coating (thread) with interchangeable heads in one instrument.
Features of Desk Sputter and Carbon Coater
- Easy to operate
- User friendly software to both full-automatic and semi-automatic control
- Intuitive touch screen to control the coating process and rapid data input
- Easy loading and unloading of specimens
- Repeatable film thickness depositions
- Precise reproducible coatings
- High resolution fine coating (order of 2nm Gold grain)
- Low voltage sputtering
- No cooling system is required for thin layers
- Carbon coating in both flash and pulse modes
- Dual carbon fiber for thicker layer deposition
- Two-year warranty
- CE conformity
The large Desk sputter and Carbon Coater can be equipped with different sample stage configurations up to 15 cm, depending on the user requirements. The sample stages are rotatable with adjustable height and can be changed easily.
SEM Sample Preparation
Using SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) to observe non-conductive or poorly conductive specimens by SEM preparation step before SEM microscopy. Sputtering Deposition and Carbon Evaporation are standard mechanisms to sample preparation for electron microscopy. The full automation option allows easy use of the system even for beginners. Our user-friendly software with graphical representation of the deposition information and low price.
Carbon Coating Head
The device is equipped with an interchangeable head to carbon coating purpose. The ability of loading three carbon fibers with diameter of 0.8 mm, allows coating carbon layer on large samples for EDX.
Touch Screen Control with Colorful Display
The DSCR-300 is equipped with a 7” colored touch screen and full automatic control and data input that can be operated by even inexperienced users. The vacuum, current and deposition information is shown as digital data or curves on the touch screen. Information of the last 300 coating can also be saved in the history page.
Specifications of Desk Sputter Coater
- 300 mm OD x 150 mm pyrex cylinder chamber
- Dimensions: 58 Cm H x 50 Cm W x 63 Cm D
- 3 or 4 inches magnetron cathode
- Shipping Weight: 42Kg
- Utilities: 220V-240V, 50/60HZ, 10A
- 200 Watt DC switching power supply
- Ultimate Vacuum: Less than 5*10-2 Torr
- Transfer the curves and sputtering process data by USB port to PC
- Two-stage, direct drive 12 m3/h, rotary vane pump
- Thermocouple vacuum gauge
- Quartz crystal thickness monitor with precision of 1nm
- Automatic venting valve
- Saving the last 300 coatings that carried out
- Vacuum pump weight 20 Kg
Options and Accessories
The Desk Sputter and Carbon Coater has the following options and accessories:
- Quartz crystal sensor
- Spare glass chamber
- Sputtering targets
- Sealing gaskets
- Carbon rod evaporation head
- High current power supply for carbon rod
- Carbon fiber